Prevention of diseases and early detection of abnormalities are the chief reasons for obtaining regular gynecologic care. Women’s internal organs are not visually accessible without a special exam. Like x-rays of your teeth at the dentist, a pap test detects many minor abnormalities of the cervix long before they are able to be seen by the doctor or midwife, or felt by the patient. A pelvic exam can detect problems with the uterus and ovaries. All of these issues will be discussed with your doctor or midwife.
Routine care also allows patients to discuss menstrual difficulties, contraception, hormone therapies, and pre-pregnancy preparations, problems with sexuality or intimacy, and menopausal changes.
Although we are always available for emergency or problem visits, we would encourage you to establish a primary relationship with one of the physicians or one of the midwives. In this way, we will get to know you and your health care needs. In addition, you will become more familiar with us. Of course, we realize that due to scheduling and timing constraints you may need an appointment with a different provider. Our goal is to adapt as much as possible to your needs.
Services provided by our doctors and midwives:
- evaluation and treatment of gynecologic disease
- screening for cancers, including breast cancer and mammography
- family planning, birth control
- evaluation and treatment of infertility
- routine exams and pap tests
- testing for and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- evaluation and treatment of urinary tract infections
- health history and attention to preventative health care needs
- menopausal health care
- surgery for gynecologic problems (doctors only)
- vaccination for prevention of cervical cancer (Gardasil)